Workice CRM handles your entire freelance invoicing process – from sending estimate, to invoicing your client, to receiving payment. What’s more, you can receive payments directly and automatically via workice supported gateways enabling totally smooth management of your customer accounts using your choice of payment provider.
The Payments list page displays a summary of all payments once they have been received. Payments are recorded in two ways:
- Automatic payment: If your client has paid you via any of the supported payment gateways, the payment will be automatically recorded in the Payments list. You will be notified on your dashboard page in the notification section, and also via email (if you have enabled notification).
- Manual payment: If your client has paid you via cash, check, bank transfer, credit card or any other payment system not linked to Workice CRM, you will need to enter the payment manually on the Payments / Create page.
Whether automatic or manual entry, the Payments list page presents an overview of all payments received in a user-friendly table format. Now, we’ll take you through the various columns in the Payments table from left to right:
- Code: Transaction reference number.
- Client Name: The client’s name
- Payment Date: The date the payment was received
- Invoice Date: The date the invoice was issued.
- Amount: The payment amount that was received
- Method: The method of payment used, ie. PayPal, Bank Transfer, Visa, etc
Accepting partial online payments is simpler than you think. Your customer has the option to enter an amount less than the invoice amount while making online payment. Once the amount is successfully processed, it’s applied to the invoice and the status of the invoice is updated to “Partially Paid”. There 3 options a client can pay a partial payment;
- Minimum Due: The customer can choose to pay minimum amount due to keep the account current.
- Full Amount: Client can pay the full invoice amount
- Other Amount: Customer enters the amount to pay in the input.
Refunding a Payment¶
If you need to refund a payment, go to the relevant payment in the Payments list, click on the payment. Click on Refund button and the transaction will be marked as refunded.
You can download a payment receipt in the payment overview page by clicking on Receipt button.
Manually Creating a New Payment¶
To create a new payment, go to Invoices list page and select the invoice to pay. Click on Pay button and a number of fields will be displayed;
- Amount: The invoice amount will appear automatically by default. However, if the payment amount does not correspond to the default invoice amount, you can manually Enter the amount of payment received.
- Payment Date: The date the payment was received.
- Payment Type: Select the payment method that was used. Select the appropriate method from the list. Options include Bank Transfer, Cash, Razorpay, Braintree, Stripe, PayPal, check and more.
- Receipt: Check this option to enabled upload of the Payment Receipt.
- Send Email: Enable it to send a thank you email.
- Notes: Here, you can add any comments or notes.
If you need to perform an action for a number of payments, you can do it in one click with the bulk action feature. To use the bulk action feature, mark the relevant transactions in their checkbox at the far left of the payment list. Once you’ve marked the transactions, select an action to perform on them in the buttons below the payments list page.
- Archive: Archive selected transactions.
- Delete: Delete selected transactions.