Your clients are the core of your freelance business. Accounts/Clients in WorkiceCRM will typically hold all information specific to a company that your organisation will have a relationship with. In real world terms an Account may be a business entity that is a qualified Sales Prospect, Customer, Supplier or Re-seller and can be used to track all interactions that take place between these entities and your organisation. The relationship between the account and contact records is one-to-many, such that there can be many contacts associated with a single account.
In Workice, a Contact is an individual who is typically associated with an Account (organisation) or Opportunity (qualified prospect). For example if Apple is the Account, then John Smith, Sales Manager of Apple is the Contact. This module holds all information relating to these individuals and also provides a vantage point for any history relating to a Contact record, for example if they sent you an Email.
The Accounts page is a list page that presents a summary of all your clients in a user-friendly table. Think of Accounts page as the “central station” of your client activity. Most of your day-to-day invoicing actions can be taken from the various links and buttons that appear on the Accounts page. And you can use the Accounts page as your starting point to explore more in-depth client information, view client projects, view client estimates, and more. Now, we’ll take a closer look at the setup of the Clients page, and the range of actions available to you on the Accounts page.
To view your client list page, go to the main sidebar and click the Accounts tab.
The Clients page presents a list summary of all your current clients in a table format. The main elements of the table include:
- Name: The name of the client
- Contact Person: The name of the primary contact person
- Email: The client email address
- Balance: The client’s payment balance
- Expenses: The client’s unbilled expenses
So, you’ve taken on a new client? Congratulations!
Your Clients list is at the heart of your invoicing activity, so it’s really important to maintain current information on all your clients. When you start working with a new client, the first thing you’ll need to do is to add the new client by entering their contact information and business details.
When creating and saving a new client to your Accounts list, make sure to have the relevant, up-to-date information at hand. You are only required to enter the information one time. WorkiceCRM automatically tracks all invoicing,projects,estimates and payment activity for each client.
To create accounts individually.
The Create Account page is divided into four sections. Enter the information in the relevant fields.
Let’s take a closer look at each section:
- General: Enter details about your client’s business/company/organization, including the company name, email, contact person, tax number and tags (optional).
- Contact: Enter contact details related to your client including phone number, address, currency, preferred locale and a logo (optional).
- Web: Enter your client social media or website data.
- Custom Fields: If there are any custom fields for clients, it will be displayed here.
Account Overview Page¶
Once you have created an account, you can view the details of the account in the record’s details page. The details page of an account presents information related to the account - for example, contacts, projects, invoices, deals, payments, expenses, subscriptions and so on - in a single location.
If you entered the client’s street address, a Google map appears below the information box displaying the client’s location.
The Invoices section shows a list of all the client’s invoices and accompanying information.
- Invoice Reference: The invoice number
- Date Issued: The date the invoice was created
- Amount: The invoice amount
- Balance: The invoice balance
- Due Date: The date the payment is due
- Status: The status of the invoice (Draft, Not Paid, Sent, Viewed, Paid, Overdue)
You can also create a new invoice for this client via the Create button that appears at the top left of the Invoices section.
The Payments section shows a list of all the client’s payments and accompanying information.
- Transaction reference: The reference number of the transaction
- Method: The payment method (ie. Paypal, Stripe, Cash, etc)
- Amount: The payment amount
- Date: The date the payment was made
- Currency: Currency used in the payment
The projects section shows a list of all the client’s projects and accompanying information.
- Title: The invoice number
- Expenses: Total expenses for the project
- Start Date: The start date of the project
- Amount: Total cost of the project
- Progress: Project progress in percentage
- Due Date: The date the project is due
- Status: The status of the project (Active, Done, On Hold)
The estimates section shows a list of all the client’s estimates and accompanying information.
- Estimate Reference: The estimate number
- Date Issued: The date the estimate was created
- Amount: The estimate amount
- Viewed: An icon showing whether an estimate has been viewed by client
- Due Date: The date the estimate is due
- Status: The status of the estimate (Draft, Pending, Sent, Approved, Rejected, Overdue)
You can also create a new estimate for this client via the Create button that appears at the top left of the estimates section.
The expenses section shows a list of all the client’s expenses and accompanying information.
- Expense reference: The reference number of the expense
- Category: Expense category (ie Housing, Marketing etc)
- Amount: The expense amount
- Date: The date the expense was incurred
- Invoiced: Whether the expense has been invoiced
- Currency: Currency used in the expense
The Files section shows a list of all the client’s associated files.
The subscriptions section shows a list of all the client’s subscriptions.
Click on the Update button, at the top right corner of the page. You will now be taken to the Account/Update page, where you can edit any of the fields.
Deleting the Client¶
You can also delete the specific client directly from their Client Overview page. Click on the trash icon at the right hand side of the Update Client button.